Author Topic: Is residential CCTV about to blow up?  (Read 669 times)

AlButler

Re: Is residential CCTV about to blow up?
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 03:30:46 PM »
Is that a subscription based service or is that the flat cost. I feel like that price point is aimed more towards commercial properties and spaces than it is to the average homeowner. Most homes can get 5 security cameras for a fraction of that price. The DIY options tend to be much cheaper and accessible. I might be wrong so let me know if there is something I am missing.

michael

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 05:17:20 AM »
We have been having a hard time convincing people to spend just $1300 on a 4 camera system.

AlButler

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 01:51:01 PM »
I know this post is a little old, but it seems that surveillance has blown up considerably in the residential space. It used to be the case that most surveillance systems and CCTV cameras were widely used in commercial spaces and office buildings. However due to a lot of cheaper options and DIY models that have popped up homeowners now have the ability to take advantage of residential CCTV units

michael

• Global Moderator
Is residential CCTV about to blow up?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2016, 09:51:42 PM »
If this is true, this is awesome. As much as residential can suck this can mean some big bucks. We try to stay away from residential as much as we can.

http://www.securitysales.com/article/1_in_5_u.s._broadband_households_to_acquire_security_camera_in_next_year_re?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=editorial

Tags: cctv